THE 2022 SCAVENGER HUNT IS ON.
SCAVENGER HUNT PARTICIPANTS,
YOUR TIME IS COMING SOON
IF YOU HAVE EVER ATTENDED CAMP KINDLING OR CO-OP CAMP AS A PARTICIPANT OR AS STAFF - OR WANTED TO - WE HAVE A SPECIAL SCAVENGER HUNT JUST FOR YOU. SEE BELOW.
The #LocalCoopLove scavenger hunt goes live only during Co-op Week. It's run through the GooseChase application, allows anyone with a smartphone and internet connection to participate.
People can play by themselves, with their families, with co-workers and/or a combination of people. It is free for participants to play. Players are given a series of missions/tasks that are designed for people to be able to do on their own, within their own communities.
2022 missions will be announced when the Hunt begins, October 16-22. Previous missions have combined a variety of written, photo, artistic (drawing and poetry), and action tasks to give participants a variety of challenges to complete.
New for this year: Youth Co-op Week Scavenger Hunt & Challenge – We will run this special event through social media and use hashtags to capture content. Intention is to encourage youth to engage with Co-op Week, and also act out the co-op values and principles. Plus, take the knowledge they learned at camp and use in the real world.
Here is everything you need to know to participate.
- You may sign up and play anytime between Oct. 16 and Oct. 22, 2022.
- Play solo or with a team. YOU DON'T NEED TO BE FROM SASKATCHEWAN or MANITOBA.
DOWNLOAD THE APP AND ENTER GAME CODE GDVGGE
- You do not have to live or work in Saskatchewan or Manitoba to download Goosechase or join the scavenger hunt. Play from anywhere using the GooseChase App, a smartphone and an Internet connection. (Once you have downloaded the app, enter #LocalCoopLove or game code GDVGGE to play).
- The game goes live at 12 PM SK/1 PM MB time on SUNDAY Oct. 16, and will be live until SUNDAY Oct. 23 at 12 PM SK/ 1 PM MB time.
HOW MANY ARE ON YOUR TEAM?
- Co-operative team play with your family, with coworkers, or with friends is super fun! Get in on the fun and register a team! You can also play solo, your team will just be composed of... you!
- TEAM PLAY. Choose a team name. If you’re playing on the GooseChase app, all teammates should add themselves to the team (team creator will need to share your team’s access code) when they log in.
- SOLO PLAY. Congrats! You're a team of one - choose a great name.
SHARE THE LOVE
We encourage you to share the #LOCALCOOPLOVE with others. Raise the awareness of your co-op or credit union, and the other co-operatives in your community through the Scavenger Hunt.
- Here is a fun, low-stress (and safe) way to involve your municipal, provincial and federal elected officials. (Mix a little business with the pleasure!)
- Include your employees and members! Propose this as a team-building exercise for your staff or as a fun way to engage your membership of any age
FOLLOW THE RULES
To be entered to win a prize, you will need to complete the scavenger hunt any time during Canada's Co-op Week (October 16-23, 2022)
The game goes live at 12PM Saskatchewan time on October 16, and is playable until 12PM October 22 SK time. You have this time to complete all the tasks. If you don't complete all the tasks, no worries.
Prize winners will be chosen at random from those who complete the scavenger hunt and/or on the basis of their creativity with the misssions. Prizes are NOT based on finishing first!
Play to celebrate Co-op Week! Play for the glory of completing the missions and to get a social media shout out from us (if you want one).
CAMP KINDLING CO-OP WEEK YOUTH SCAVENGER HUNT
Have you heard?!?!? Camp Kindling will be celebrating Co-op Week this year with a YOUTH SCAVENGER HUNT. Excited? We Are!!!
The Scavenger Hunt will be through two of our youth social media channels – the Camp Kindling Facebook and Instagram pages - so make sure you are following us to see the challenges and be part of the FUN!
Every day from Oct. 17 - 21 we will post a challenge. Complete the challenge and post a photo to your socials. Tag Camp Kindling, and use hashtag #Skcoopyouth #CampKindlingrocks and #Skcoopweek. You can post to any social media channel, but only the posts made on the Camp Kindling Facebook and Instagram pages during the contest period qualify: https://www.facebook.com/campkindlingrocks and https://www.instagram.com/campkindlingrocks/
Participants who complete all five challenges by 11.59pm on October 21st SK time will have the chance to win a Camp Kindling Swag Package. Winners will be announced October 25, 2022 and will be contacted through their social media accounts.
Current, past, and future campers are welcome to participate. Current and past camp staff, feel free to join in too!
This Scavenger Hunt is not affiliated with Facebook or Instagram.
2021 #LocalCoopLove - Here's what happened last year
SCA and MCA were thrilled with the results of the 2021 #LocalCoopLove Scavenger Hunt, with 461 submissions and 13 teams completing all 17 missions. 129 teams from five provinces participated in at least one mission last year.
Here is a small sampling of last year's submissions. Check out our social media for lots more submissions, including videos (which we can't post here).
Thanks to everyone for participating.