(Shout out to Jim Deane and Josh and Vicki Noble for their contributions to this list.)
- They only do lists of 7s to correspond to with the number of co-operative principles.
- They have a list of co-op numbers saved in their phone, lest a dividend not be awarded.
- They refer to geography by credit union or retail co-op area, for example: "Oh yes, Aberdeen - that is Affinity country."
- They collect co-op merchandise, e.g. Wheat Pool caps, Co-op Creamery cans, Fat Cat stickers.
- They brag to friends about a “good/cool/interesting” co-op number.
- They provide personal incentives to their friends and family to switch from a bank to a credit union (talk to me be about my cakes for credit unions rewards program).
- They clap for members with low co-op numbers at the AGM.
Honourary mention goes out to people that have co-op memes saved in their phones (or that share them on social media). We've included a couple of our favourites with this blog post.
(sorry, we don't have the source of these to credit you - if you made these, please let us know so we can acknowledge you!!)
We'd love to hear what would you add to the list!
Happy Co-op Week!
The information provided through the Saskatchewan Co-operative Association blog and website is for general informational purposes only. This blog/website should not be used as a substitute for professional or legal advice. All information provided on the website and blog is provided in good faith, however, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the site. Under no circumstance shall we have any liability to you for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the site or blog or reliance on any information provided on the site or blog. Your use of the site or blog and your reliance on any information on the site or blog is solely at your own risk.
EXTERNAL LINKS DISCLAIMER
This site may contain links to other websites or content belonging to or originating from third parties. Such external links are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness by us. We do not warrant, endorse, guarantee, or assume responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of any information offered by third party websites linked through the site or blog.