Saskatchewan Co-operative Association (SCA) is the apex organization for the province’s 900+ co operatives and credit unions and is part of a network of provincial and territorial co-operative associations in Canada.
SCA is incorporated as a community service co-operative and is owned by its members, many of which are co-op federations or associations. On behalf of the Saskatchewan co-operative community, SCA works to support and promote the co-operative model for community and economic development.
SCA is a member of Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada, and through CMC is affiliated with co-operatives worldwide through the International Co-operative Alliance.
The Saskatchewan Co-operative Youth Program, also known as SCYP or Co-op Camp, is a core program of the Saskatchewan Co-operative Association. Click HERE to learn more about SCYP.
1. Be sustainable by:
- having long term financial viability; and
- developing alternative funding sources
2. Provide opportunities for the personal development of youth and encourage their active involvement in community-based and co-operative organizations.
3. Ensure our ongoing relevance and value to the co-operative community.
4. Increase awareness and support for the co-operative model by governments, the general public, and members of co-operatives.
5. Promote and support co-operative development and good governance for prospective and existing co-operatives.
All of SCA's work is framed within a co-operative vision, mission and set of values:
Leading a prosperous co-operative community in Saskatchewan
To promote, support, and unite co-operatives in Saskatchewan
Saskatchewan Co-operative Association supports the International Co-operative Alliance (ICA) statement on co-operative identity that says:
"Co-operatives are based on values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and solidarity" and "the ethical values of honesty, openness, social responsibility, and caring for others" and "the co-operative principles are guidelines by which co-operatives put their values into practice."
Saskatchewan Co-operative Association values and demonstratives addition practices that include social responsibility; application of knowledge; productive action; respect; integrity; passion and enthusiasm; continuous learning; open communication; teamwork; and relationships that reflect a positive and innovative spirit of co-operative and mutual success.