SCYP is operated by SCA and is primarily funded by registration fees, which come from participants and their families, and the sponsorships of Saskatchewan co-operatives and credit unions.
The SCYP Donation Drive is a way for Saskatchewan co-operatives, credit unions, community organizations, SCYP alumni and co-op camp enthusiasts to:
- Become or remain involved in Co-op Camp throughout the year,
- Increase awareness of Co-op Camp and its benefits to Saskatchewan youth and communities, and
- Provide much-needed supplemental funding for the Program.
Every dollar donated goes directly to SCYP and helps us produce great programming that increases the leadership skills and self-confidence of youth, and build their understanding of co-operatives and community involvement.
You may also donate directly to SCA/SCYP through our secure credit card donation link. Click HERE.
We encourage you - and challenge you - to come up with innovative and fun ways to raise awareness of SCYP while also raising funds for the program. You may want to enlist the help of SCYP alumni to brainstorm ideas or to help you in carrying out your fundraising activities.
The Co-op Camp “season” runs from January to August, with camps held in July and August. You may hold fundraising and awareness-building events at any time of the year.
Past ideas have included:
- Silent auctions
- Pizza nights
- Staff awareness sessions
- Donation-matching programs
- Social media fundraising
- Direct contributions
- Member donation boxes or point-of-sale donation requests
- Staff room collection bowls
SCA and the Saskatchewan co-operative sector also host a number of events that raise funds and awareness for Co-op Camp, such as the Co-op Classic Golf Tournament.
We'll helpyou promote the event(s) and recognize your contributions and involvement.
Funds raised from the SCYP Donation Drive:
- Build on the foundation created by registration fees and sponsorships,
- Assist in covering camp costs,
- Provide financial assistance to those who cannot attend Co-op Camp due to financial hardship, and
- Diversify and strengthen SCYP's revenue stream.
In 2014, SCYP introduced the Donation Drive! From February until June , SCYP solicited donations through a joint initiative with a generous in-kind contribution supplied by Affinity Credit Union.
In 2015, the SCYP Donation Drive raised about $9000! Thanks to outstanding contributions from Conexus Credit Union, The Co-operators and the co-operative sector.
In 2016, the SCYP Donation Drive raised about $10500! Thanks again to outstanding contributions from Conexus Credit Union, The Co-operators and individuals from the co-operative sector.
In 2017, the SCYP Donation Drive raised about $12000! Thanks again to outstanding contributions from Conexus Credit Union, The Co-operators and individuals from the co-operative sector.